Friday, November 6, 2009

What Is the Purpose of This Blog?

After graduating from university and moving to a new city I've decided its time to conquer some things in my life. Currently I am partly fashionable, partly frugal and partly in control of my personal finances. I want to be great at all three things. This blog will chronicle the things I learn on a daily basis about affordable fashion, frugality and getting in full control of my money. My hope is that other people are in the same position, sort of mediocre at these things, and I will help and inspire others to take control of these things and become experts of the three Fs.

I am not fully unqualified... I do attempt to make an effort to look fashionable on a daily basis however usually find myself making impulse purchases of which I am not happy with. I also never take advantage of great sales going on at my favourite stores (as you will learn, they are H&M, Urban Outiftters and Zara). I would prefer to shop at expensive stores, however at this point in my life I cannot afford such luxuries. I also received a Bachelors of Commerce from U of T where I specialized in finance and economics, so I am also not completely incompetent in the finance field. However, I've realized that studying corporate finance in a classroom setting and dealing with personal finances on an everyday basis are two completely different things, so I hope to apply any knowledge I have to this field so I can help myself and others to gain control of their own monetary situations. I do not have a mortgage to take care of or any car payments, my main financial obligations consist of rent, credit card debt, clothing, food and my cat. I'm hoping those that learn from this blog have similar financial situations.

My hope for this blog is to include coupons, great fashion ideas, locate and share amazing personal finance blogs, write my own finance blogs and offer great life advice. I will do all the work and you get to just come along for the ride.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment